Saturday, February 28, 2009

Notes from my writing desk

I am currently working on what (in my wildest dreams) will become a much beloved book. Well, perhaps not so much beloved as well-liked. Well, if not well-liked, then at least something that will be purchased for birthdays, Valentine's Day, anniversaries, farewells, etc. Oh, what the hell... if I ever did a publish a book (which I do hope to do one day), I'd be perfectly content with at least one stranger buying a copy. Though, not going to lie, I would love to sign my autograph to a copy of one of my creations.

Oh, and by "currently working on" I mean that I thought up the idea last night and jotted down a few notes. A book I've loved ever since I was a little kid is "Love You Forever." What I want to write will be my version of this book's "plot." I plan on basically writing a speech addressed to the most important person in my life. It will be an ode to my muse, but (I hope) it will be general enough that it can apply to anyone reading it. In other words, I hope to create a written work that embodies the feelings a reader has for their "#1 person."

It all sounds so cheesy and sentimental (and perhaps it is). But I can dream, can't I?

Cheers,

- R

No comments:

Post a Comment