Saturday, February 7, 2009

March 10, 2008

Here's a little update for you.

Prior to Spring Break I joked around about planning to do nothing but sleep and drink (with occasional breaks for food). Turns out that that is exactly what I have been doing. I wake up, eat, drink, sleep, wake up, eat, drink, and sleep. That has been an average day for me. At times I feel guilty, but then I remember that it's my Spring Break.

There have been some variations though. Mariana told me that she had gone to this cool spa resort. I took her lead and decided to pamper myself. So after breakfast I poured myself a glass of wine and ran a bath. I moved my iHome to the bathroom, grabbed the latest copy of GQ, and sat in the hot soapy waters sipping my Chianti and reading my magazine. It was wonderful just laying there while listening to a playlist designed or just such an occasion ("Mellow"). The combination of the wine and bath water eventually made me feel like I was sitting in a sauna. I decided it was time for a cooler drink, my wine being long gone, so I got out of the tub to prepare myself another tasty beverage. I reheated my bath and made myself a refreshing gin and tonic. This time, the magazine having been read completely, I just sat in the warm waters and enjoyed my cool drink while listening to some relaxing music. I don't know how long I spent in the bathroom, but it must have been at least 2 or 3 hours. Vacation is a wonderful thing.

Yesterday was also a change of pace. I decided to finally leave the comfort of my apartment and get stuff done. I had a mediocre breakfast at Z Square (I don't know why I keep going back there; I am constantly disappointed) and then went to get a haircut. From there I went to FINALLY take some clothes to the dry cleaners. I say finally because this stuff has been sitting in a bag since the end of January. After doing that I went to buy some things I have also been procrastinating on (cereal, ink, and stuff to clean my computer screen). I thought the rest of day would be like the others, but Brandon came home from Medfield and asked if I wanted to do something. We decided on Deep Ellum and made our way to Allston. Nothing major happened, but it was fun just sitting in this neat little bar having drinks and eating some sinfully delicious gorgonzola fries. We planned on making our way to another bar, but ended up walking home instead. It was a pretty long walk and the night was pretty chilly, but our drinks had sufficiently warmed us up to the point where we could have been walking around in shorts and sandals.

As for today, I hope to get my admissions essay for the London program done. Here's hoping! I'll update either tonight or tomorrow.

Cheers,

- R

No comments:

Post a Comment