Saturday, February 7, 2009

March 7, 2008

Hey there,

I say this so often it's become cliched, but I haven't written daily as I used to and should. Sorry about that. I simply haven't had the time or desire. I like blogging, so I am going to try to go back to that. It's just that my life has been consumed by work and school, so there's not much to discuss.

What I have been thinking about, however, is starting a separate blog. The blog will consist purely of reviews (theatrical productions, films, restaurants, and such). I figure it will be good practice since it's the sector of journalism I hope to get into. Also, it will help you decide to what to do, what to see, or where to eat. And, hey, maybe it will become so popular that it will get my name out there. Pushing it? Maybe. But you can't blame a guy for dreaming big.

On that note, my first review will be of Boston Conservatory's production of The Life. I went to see it last night, and it was ........ hmmm, I guess I should save my verdict for the review. Sorry for keeping you in suspense. I will say this, however, I was one of four straight guys in the audience. I had never been to see a production at an arts school before; I felt like the odd man out.

Oh, and I almost forgot. I got back from the show and was heading towards my apartment when I ran into my neighbors exiting theirs. They invited to go out to Eastern Standard for drinks. I dropped off my stuff and went out with them. One of my neighbors works at Z Square, so I got to meet his co-workers. They were a fun group of people. I could see myself hanging out with these guys and their crew more often. It's a good thing too because it seems to me that I need to find more social outlets. The old group has split and polarized into splinter groups that once every blue moon reunite. I love my little group of Ambika and Brandon, but I need more of a social life. The more groups I belong to, the more I can be dragged out of my apartment and kept from going back to my old hermetic ways. *sigh* It's such a shame what's become of my Boston crew. I see Lauren every so often, for theatre nights and such. I never see Meghan anymore, and I see Cat even less. Oh well. These things happen, I guess. Such is life and you have to deal with it. It's fine though. I couldn't ask for better friends than Bika and Brandy. :)

That's all for now. I'll let you know about the new blog as soon as I create it.

Cheers,

- R

No comments:

Post a Comment