Saturday, February 7, 2009

March 22, 2006

here's what my friend, mariana, wrote about me in her blog:

Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim

David Sedaris is my new favorite author. He writes the way I wish I could. He's this small gay man who moved to France for the love of his life, Hugh, and who had a pretty dysfunctional family. His three books of short stories mainly deal with his life in North Carolina, his alcoholic mother, red neck father and brother, bag lady sister, slut sister, and sister with the talking parrot. They are so vivid and down to earth that you have to finish his books in one sitting. While out for drinks for my friend Roberto's 21st birthday I found out that Mr. Sedaris is his favorite new author too. What a surprise! So we sat at the El Torito Grill bar with no one else around and discussed David's, we're on a first name basis, best and worst essays. While the bartender may have thought we were incredibly corny (I'm sure he did), it was one of the best conversations I've had in a loooooong time. Thanks Roberto for being as corny as I am. Cheers!
 
-----
no. thank you, mariana! she made my day.
 
p.s. i'm not really drunk (no alcohol was consumed), but i kind of feel that way

No comments:

Post a Comment