Saturday, February 7, 2009

March 15, 2008

Well, I have been doing a whole lot of nothing. There are times when I wish I had just gone back to LA, but doing nothing feels so good. I can sleep and wake up whenever I want. It’s wonderful.

As for my birthday...

Well, I’m 23 now. Ugh. It was a pretty ok day. I didn’t feel like a birthday, but it wasn’t a terrible day. I had some fun, so I guess that’s all that matters. The day started with a trip to the movies. I won a free movie ticket on Blingo, so I used it to go see The Other Boleyn Girl. It was just as bad as all the reviews said it was, but I needed to see it for myself. Ok.. ok... I only went to see it because it had Natalie Portman in it. Anyways, two hours felt like three and it was nothing more than sexless bodice ripper. It was a bit depressing though. Not the movie, but the overall experience. First off, it was depressing because I would be spending the entire day alone. To make matters worse, I was the only one in the theater. I couldn’t decide whether to feel even more pathetic or to feel special because the film was being screened just for me.

After the movie I walked around Newbury for a while. I had time to kill before my dinner reservation at Eastern Standard, so I looked for something to do in the mean time. I was told I should eat some cake to make it feel like a birthday, so I decided to go to Trident Bookstore. Seeing as it is Spring Break and all the students are gone, I was easily able to get a table. So I ordered a cup of coffee and a slice of tiramisu. So there I sat. Eating my tiramisu-birthday cake and reflecting on my situation. I felt sad to be alone, but I figured I should accept it and get used to it. I wouldn’t always be among friends. Plus, why get upset over something I can’t do anything about? Brandon was busy and I had no other friends in town. So I had to deal with it.

After finishing up at Trident I went home to get ready for dinner and such. Dinner was good as usual. No complaints there, and not much to tell.

After dinner I headed over to the Colonial Theater to see Avenue Q because I had to review it for my arts criticism class. The show was hilarious. I could see why it beat Wicked for the Best Musical Tony.

After the show I went out to a lounge with Brandon and two of my neighbors (Jonathan and Victor). It was very LA (aka trendy/kitschy) and had some cool drinks. I didn’t get to spend time with other people until the last hour of my birthday, but at least it wasn’t a day of complete solitude.

Overall, it was a pretty busy day. I figured that I should fill the day with activities if I was going to spend it alone. I think I made the most of the day and had some good times.

*sigh* But now it’s Saturday night and my time of rest and relaxation (aka laziness) ends tomorrow. How depressing. :(

Cheers,

- R

No comments:

Post a Comment