Saturday, May 2, 2009

An update and an obit

First, the update. I finally got a call from Nordstrom. The guy who performed my second interview (he who would be my boss) called to apologize for not being able to follow up with me after my third interview. He also apologized for not getting back to me sooner. I thought it was a very nice gesture. Aside from the apology he wanted to let me know that I will know the store's final decision by Monday at the latest. So I may have job by Monday.

Now on to the obit. I just watched the final episode ever of Pushing Daisies. Perhaps some of you may be saying to yourselves, "WHAT!? It's back on the air!?" Well, it's not. Not really. The show was foolishly cancelled in the fall, but they finally allowed the network to air the remaining 3 episodes in the season. This, however, won't occur until later this month. "Then how have you already seen them?" you say? You can thank NinjaVideo and ITV. Another reason to love England.

Pushing Daisies is the most original, beautiful, and unique show ever aired on television in my lifetime. I'm sure you have your own opinion on the matter, but this is my opinion. And since this is MY blog, my opinion is the only one that counts. :)

Each episode was like a mini-movie. The cast was comic and completely lovable. The colors and design were beautiful. The aesthetic and style were reminiscent of Tim Burton's movies, particularly Big Fish (which I also love). The score was lovely and Kristin Chenoweth's singing was always wonderful. The overall story and individual episodes were full of heart and joy.

I could talk all day about this show. The love I have for it is unmatched. I will NEVER forget it. It's such a crime the writers were forced to quickly wrap up all the story lines because of the show's cancellation. The rushed ending does the show no justice whatsoever. I have my own idea for how the show should have ended, but I'll make due with what I was given. Besides, my ending would have been much more depressing and bittersweet than the optimistic ending written for the series. A sweet end for a sweet show.

So goodbye, Pushing Daisies. In the words of Dolly Parton, "I will always love you."



- R

No comments:

Post a Comment