Monday, May 4, 2009

Huzzah!

I am officially employed! *insert sigh of relief here*

Nordstrom called back and offered me the position. As I mentioned before, they hire on a temporary basis so I'll have to prove myself. After the two-month trial period they'll tell me if they would like me to stay on permanently or not. Here's hoping I can wow them. My goal is to be asked to stay on and, by this time next year, be promoted to men's apparel personal shopper.

Perhaps I'm reaching a bit, but it will keep me motivated. And perhaps I shouldn't be planning for a long-term career with them since I went to journalism school for a reason. But the times they are a-changin'! It may no longer be possible to have a traditional journalism career. I will continue to freelance and see where that takes me.

I guess I'll have to contact Union Bank and take myself out of the running for that job.

Cheers,

- R

p.s. I would still love to read your list of the 10 people in the entertainment industry you most hate. So, if you have the time and inclination, please share your rage with us. :)

7 comments:

  1. woot! congrats! :D

    the guy from the slap chop commercial is pretty annoying. he doesn't fall under the celebrity category tho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosie O'Donnell. Elizabeth Hasselbeck. Kelly Ripa. Tom Cruise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Littledog. Welcome to The Berto Blog. Tom Cruise almost made my list too; he is slightly more tolerable than the ones who made the cut. Thanks for commenting, and hope to see you around in the future.

    Bika, I was tempted to put down the Oxy Clean guy. And the guy who does the Sham-wow commercial, but he already got his comeuppance by getting arrested for beating up a prostitute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the job. In this market, you're fortunate to find anything decent.

    And I dislike most of the people you put on the Celeb list, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Michael. I'm seriously happy to have finally found something. And thanks for agreeing with me on the list. Next time someone asks me why I'm not religious I will point them to my list. The fact that these people exist is reason enough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATS Roberto!!!

    woo! woo! woo!

    applause...applause...applause

    I had a wonderful feeling that they were going to hire you! They'd be stupid if they didn't.

    And I also have a feeling that shoes will be VERY lucrative for you too$$$

    GO, boy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Ronnie Boy!

    Bow... bow... pageant wave... pageant wave.

    Am cro$$ing fingers for a fat bank account in the future. :D

    - R

    ReplyDelete