Thursday, April 9, 2009

Things I overheard #4

A couple (a pair might be a better word because I'm not sure if the guy is gay or simply European) is sitting across from me, trying to define passion or sexual attraction. Or rather, the older looking girl is trying to get the pretty (really, the best word to describe him) foreign guy to define the term(s).

She says it's a feeling. A feeling you get if, for example, she kissed him. Or if she runs her hand over his arm or torso (both of which she does).

He giggles, and argues that it isn't a feeling.

"Then what is it?," she asks.

"I don't know," he says.

"It's a feeling," she insists.

"No. It isn't," he replies.

"Then what is it?" she continues asking.

Their interaction goes on like this. With constant attempts at definition and her running her hand over him and holding his hands.

It's all very strange. The reason being that it all seems rather forced. It does not seem like a natural coupling. They could very well be a fag hag (with an annoying, nasally laugh, I might add) and the bi-curious guy she is trying to convert to heterosexuality.

Sidenote-- Sorry for the lack of updates. I haven't felt like writing lately. Haven't felt like doing much of anything lately.

Cheers,

- R

UPDATE-- She referred to him as her friend. Curiouser and curiouser...

1 comment:

  1. Curious friendship indeed. Re: your sidenote, I hope you're okay. I love the updates, so I hope you get your motivation back to write!

    ReplyDelete